“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- US intelligence community to brush up on literature
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- Are writers loners?
- Writers are born, not made
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Why read classic literature?
- Agents of Change
- Writers and Politics
- 10 Biggest Hoaxes in Psychology bit.ly/1oCANsA>> 1 hour ago
- Prague 10 prepares exhibition of Čapek photographs bit.ly/1pwG2Xj>> 5 hours ago
- Buy a book before it's published: The Path Taken by Kenneth J. Janssen bit.ly/1prrgAY>> 1 day ago
- The Junta that overthrew Canadian Parliament to save itself from vote of non-confidence targets PEN Canada bit.ly/1prnXtF>> 1 day ago
- Happiness Comes From ‘Experiential Products,’ Like Books bit.ly/1prlSxY>> 1 day ago
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to reading and writing and their effects. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from other sources (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy). All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Let me know if you find offending content, and I shall consider removing it. The Author of this blog does not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
Author, novelist, writing tales of conspiracy, intrigue and espionage