“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Suffering and Literature
- Writing makes writers antisocial
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Anatomy of CIA recruitment techniques
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- Creativity a Byproduct of Mental Disorder?
- American Literature in Exile
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Are writers loners?
- Jack King
- "there is a set of secret maps to be found among a person's books" spywriter.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/suf…>> 23 hours ago
- Privacy Badger Plugin Stops Websites from Tracking You bit.ly/1r7enyC>> 1 day ago
- Malcolm Gladwell New Yorker Article on Spying Gets a Few Things Wrong bit.ly/1r7dqWM>> 1 day ago
- African Literature Association supports academic BDS bit.ly/1r7dXYS>> 1 day ago
- Whether an individual or the society as a whole: more wealth = less empathy. bit.ly/1ucra8o>> 1 day ago
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to reading and writing and their effects. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from other sources (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy). All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Let me know if you find offending content, and I shall consider removing it. The Author of this blog does not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
Author, novelist, writing tales of conspiracy, intrigue and espionage