“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- Using Sex in Espionage
- The function of a writer, literature
- Ritzkrieg of Wartime London
- Hiding messages in digital images and audio files
- What is Life without Reading
- Reading Books vs Watching TV
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- Jack King
- Leo Tolstoy and Today’s Rush to War - consortiumnews.com/2016/10/12/app…>> 1 week ago
- Which countries read the most books? - indy100.com/indy100/articl…>> 2 weeks ago
- Get on Board Literary Zeppelin news1130.com/2016/09/22/cze…>> 1 month ago
- How One Planetary Scientist Became a Cold War Spy For the CIA - airspacemag.com/space/cold-war…>> 1 month ago
- Name of 'seventh Cambridge spy' cannot be revealed, says judge - cambridge-news.co.uk/name-of-sevent…>> 1 month ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com