“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- The Fifth Internationale
- What is Life without Reading
- Spies you don't hear about
- I don't want to be an emperor
- Iza Garztecka - Agencja Literacka Helfa - to złodziej i oszustka.
- British Female Spies of WWII
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- "before you look at pictures of cute dogs for thirty minutes, consider reading a good piece of literature instead" unewsonline.com/2016/02/11/the…>> 1 day ago
- In Tudor England the world of a spy was not one of glamour and intrigue: bbc.co.uk/history/britis…>> 4 days ago
- The origins of the Five Eyes: How the British and Americans started listening in - bbc.com/news/magazine-…>> 5 days ago
- "the CIA’s interest in learned helplessness was to consider how it could be used in the interrogation of others" - nybooks.com/articles/2016/…>> 5 days ago
- A good book can change your life, research reveals - wort.lu/en/lifestyle/u…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com