“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- The function of a writer, literature
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- Spies you don't hear about
- If Writers Were Taken Literally
- Write to be Heard
- Literature and History are Inseparable
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- What is Life without Reading
- 'They Couldn't Even Predict the USSR's Collapse': CIA's Top 5 Cold War Failures - sputniknews.com/military/20170…>> 5 hours ago
- Pigeon Cameras and Other CIA Cold War Spy Gear - history.com/news/pigeon-ca…>> 5 hours ago
- Here's Where Cold War Radio Stations Broadcast Spies' Secret Codes wired.com/story/heres-wh…>> 1 week ago
- "Can anything be gained philosophically by examining literature?" - Philosophy and Literature, Podcast - philosophynow.org/podcasts/Philo…>> 1 week ago
- Spies and secret agents have always liked meeting in public places, such as these: londonist.com/london/secret/…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com