“Do not trust the dominant ideologies and the princes. Stay away from the princes. Do not contaminate your language with language of ideology. Believe that you are stronger than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe that you are weaker than generals, but do not measure against them. Do not believe in utopian projects, except in those that you create yourself. Be equally proud in front of the princes and the people. Have a clear conscience of the privileges a writing profession bestows on you. Do not confuse the curse of your choice with that of class oppression. Do not be swept by the tides of history, and do not believe in the metaphor of a train of history. Do not jump on the train of history, it’s just a silly metaphor. Always remember that he who reaches the target misses the point. Do not write reports from countries that you’ve visited as a tourist. Do not write reports at all, you’re not a journalist. Do not believe statistics, numbers, and public statements; the reality is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not visit factories, collective farms, or businesses; progress is that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Do not get involved in economy, sociology, or psychoanalysis. Do not occupy your mind with Eastern philosophy, or teachings such as Buddhism, or Zen, you have a smarter job. Be aware that imagination is a sister of lies, so it is dangerous. Do not get involved with anyone, a writer is alone.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Spies you don't hear about
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Literature helps you discover your identity
- What does it mean to serve "your country"?
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- Are writers loners?
- The Truth about the Enigma Cipher Machine
- LitNews 4: The disappearing book editors
- The Bombing of Hiroshima created the Biggest Threat to the U.S. You Never Heard Of: Agents of Change - kingofthrillers.com/aoc/index.html>> 16 hours ago
- Good storytellers are more attractive to women - businessinsider.com/study-men-who-…>> 1 day ago
- 8 Real-Life Women Spies That Make James Bond Look Like A Wimp - thealternativedaily.com/women-spies-ma…>> 1 week ago
- Reading Habit - 'Use it or lose it’ - thetelegraph.com/news/82421/use…>> 2 weeks ago
- “Writers can be the voice and the conscience of the society" - thejakartapost.com/life/2016/05/0…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com