Literature is “obligated to join the oppressed in the trenches and become a partisan for truth, justice and the higher ideals […], such as tolerance, personal and collective freedoms, equity in the distribution of public wealth and equality of opportunity. In a word, those who love literature have a big role to play in building a just and open society where ideas are free to compete and where it is not criminal to hold divergent views. Literature, indeed all art, is therefore expected to engage in the difficult task of remaking society. It has a responsibility to guard society from what Bob Dylan, the Nobel prize winning crooner, called “the morals of despair”. It also has the onerous duty of standing up to those who seek to “choke the breath of conscience”. As the English Romantic poet, Percy Shelley famously observed, “the most unfailing herald, companion, and follower of the awakening of a great people to work a beneficial change in opinion or institution, is poetry”.
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- The function of a writer, literature
- What is Life without Reading
- Literature's Greatest Contribution to the World
- Literature helps you discover your identity
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- The Original, Real-Life, Ian Fleming's Bond Girl Inspiration
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Reading Books and Eating Disorders - psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/hunger…>> 2 weeks ago
- 9 reasons why book lovers are better human beings. timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/boo…>> 2 weeks ago
- WikiJustice: A Thriller Featuring the International Criminal Court ICC : kingofthrillers.com/wikijustice/in…>> 1 month ago
- Writers under FBI's surveillance thedailybeast.com/the-fbis-spyin…>> 1 month ago
- Reading in the Age of Fake News #fakenews spywriter.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/rea…>> 1 month ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com