“There is a serious academic contention that one of the reasons that Russia produced so many brilliant writers during the nineteenth century was that the structure of government (under a centralising Tsar, with an oppressive and tight circle of advisors) denied most young men, even the well-connected like (Count) Tolstoy, any hope of a career in politics. Thus the creativity that might have gone in to policy-making and progressive political change instead went into literature, as a (relatively safe) space where political and social ideas could be explored, without too much interference from the censors. If nothing else, a return to the text might provide better outcomes than a resort to war. Defend the study of arts and humanities – it is the ‘finding place’ for the complicated, messy and dangerous world that we all have to inhabit together.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- What Is Writing Talent Made Of
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Using Sex in Espionage
- No Society without Literature
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- The healing power of literature
- What is Life without Reading
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- Literature's Greatest Contribution to the World
- Famous #Writers whose #writing did not pay - bigthink.com/scotty-hendric…>> 1 week ago
- Spy Agent Jack King vs The Fifth Column - dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2…>> 2 weeks ago
- Spain's Intelligence Agency Cracks 500-Year-Old Code - sputniknews.com/europe/2018020…>> 2 weeks ago
- Inside the CIA's cold war 'mind control' program - afr.com/news/politics/…>> 3 weeks ago
- How Spies Use Tattoos - #History #Espionage history.com/news/undercove…>> 3 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com