“literature has one fundamental worth that doesn’t seem to strike most people. Those of us who write, read and study in a particular language help to keep the language alive. No language can stay alive if it’s static, it has to grow by people speaking it, reading it, writing in it. With respect to the literature in a particular language, this is the progression. If today, studying stops, then tomorrow, reading stops. If reading stops, then writing stops, and if writing stops then speaking stops. And if we lose the language, we lose along with it all our sense of culture,heritage and the knowledge of a shared past which binds us together as a community. And this is especially true in case of vernacular literatures. For whatever reason, nearly half the gen-next population today shies away from reading literature in their mother tongue or even speaking in it.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Anatomy of CIA recruitment techniques
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- Agents of Change
- Are writers loners?
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- The Monetization of Art and the Killing of Creativity
- Literature Key to Successful Business
- Reading Books Can Save Your Life - kashmirobserver.net/2017/features/…>> 4 hours ago
- Jesuit, One of the Earliest Industrial Spies atlasobscura.com/articles/porce…>> 1 day ago
- Is the business of being a spy morally defensible? - ottawacitizen.com/opinion/column…>> 1 week ago
- Cambridge spy who got away: telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/1…>> 1 week ago
- A new study on #daydreaming points to the benefits of letting your mind wander - qz.com/953511/at-last…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com