“literature has one fundamental worth that doesn’t seem to strike most people. Those of us who write, read and study in a particular language help to keep the language alive. No language can stay alive if it’s static, it has to grow by people speaking it, reading it, writing in it. With respect to the literature in a particular language, this is the progression. If today, studying stops, then tomorrow, reading stops. If reading stops, then writing stops, and if writing stops then speaking stops. And if we lose the language, we lose along with it all our sense of culture,heritage and the knowledge of a shared past which binds us together as a community. And this is especially true in case of vernacular literatures. For whatever reason, nearly half the gen-next population today shies away from reading literature in their mother tongue or even speaking in it.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- What is Life without Reading
- The function of a writer, literature
- Agents of Change
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- Spies you don't hear about
- Why literature is good for us
- The Literary Industrial Complex
- The world’s only video footage of Marcel Proust, the novelist fleeing a wedding news.nationalpost.com/news/world/a-c…>> 3 days ago
- A New Look Inside the CIA's Program to Train Psychic Spies - popularmechanics.com/military/resea…>> 4 weeks ago
- Great Literature Is Surprisingly Arithmetic - scientificamerican.com/article/great-…>> 1 month ago
- For the #Love of #Writing for #Money - spywriter.wordpress.com/2017/01/11/for…>> 1 month ago
- For artists to hide their true identity is a real “act of resistance” in an era obsessed with celebrity - m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20…>> 1 month ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com