“In genre fiction, it’s not like that. People usually begin their careers by having their writing rejected by their undergrad creative writing professors. Then (since they don’t get paid by MFA programs), they must write in silence and obscurity—choosing to write even when it means taking time away from their jobs and their families—for years! Since genre workshops tend to be self-organized, even if the writer does go to a regular workshop, their validation usually only comes from their peers (rather than from authority figures). Oftentimes their first real validation is when they sell a story: something that often comes after five or more years of constant rejection, with only extremely infrequent pats on the back (as opposed to the creative writing student who gets some praise at least three times a semester, when they turn in their stories for workshop).
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- Books can transform lives
- Write to be Heard
- The function of a writer, literature
- Literature will set us free
- Reading Literature Helps Chronic Pain Sufferers
- Anatomy of CIA recruitment techniques
- Gone as Autumn Leaves - Eraseable Ink - the-japan-news.com/news/article/0…>> 1 day ago
- Write to be Heard | Reading. Writing. Spying. - spywriter.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/wri…>> 1 week ago
- How Many Spies Are Currently Living in the U.S.? - popularmechanics.com/technology/sec…>> 1 week ago
- People who read books vs those who watch TV: dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ar…>> 2 weeks ago
- Michael Collins’s women: spies, couriers and mothers - irishtimes.com/culture/herita…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com