“His work took possession of him and he felt the approach of what is called inspiration. At such moments the relation of the forces that determine artistic creation is, as it were, reversed. The dominant thing is no longer the state of mind the artist seeks to express but the language in which he wants to express it. Language, the home and receptacle of beauty and meaning, itself begins to think and speak for man and turns wholly into music, not in terms of sonority but in terms of the impetuousness and power of its inward flow. Then, like the current of a mighty river polishing stones and turning wheels by its very movement, the flow of speech creates in passing, by virtue of its own laws, meter and rhythm and countless other forms and formations, which are even more important, but which are as yet unexplored, insufficiently recognized, and unnamed. At such moments Yurii Andreievich felt that the main part of the work was being done not by him but by a superior power which was above him and directed him, namely the movement of universal thought and poetry in its present historical stage and the one to come. And he felt himself to be only the occasion, the fulcrum, needed to make this movement possible.” Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Literature will set you free: LitBash 22
- Are writers loners?
- How to use your Invisibility Cloak?
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- Iza Garztecka - Agencja Literacka Helfa - to złodziej i oszustka.
- No Society without Literature
- Your days are numbered
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- More evidence that literary fiction boosts readers’ emotional skills digest.bps.org.uk/2016/08/22/mor…>> 1 day ago
- Animals in our dreams: What are they trying to tell us? pravdareport.com/society/anomal…>> 1 day ago
- The business of war — and espionage — is never gentlemanly - spectator.co.uk/2016/08/the-bu…>> 4 days ago
- Want to be happier at work? Don’t quit your job–get a creative side hustle - qz.com/759817/side-hu…>> 4 days ago
- Boris Pasternak's love affair with mistress Olga inspired the heroine of Doctor Zhivago dailymail.co.uk/home/you/artic…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com