“Reading aloud is one of the most important — and enjoyable — parenting and grandparenting activities we can share with our children. Science tells us it’s the first building block for literacy. Babies love the soothing sounds of a familiar voice reading. Even when they prefer “eating” their books, they are beginning to make the mental connection we want. They’re associating reading with comfort, security and enjoyment. That link is a great foundation for raising readers. … it also creates emotional memories that last a lifetime.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- 'They Couldn't Even Predict the USSR's Collapse': CIA's Top 5 Cold War Failures - sputniknews.com/military/20170…>> 14 hours ago
- Pigeon Cameras and Other CIA Cold War Spy Gear - history.com/news/pigeon-ca…>> 14 hours ago
- Here's Where Cold War Radio Stations Broadcast Spies' Secret Codes wired.com/story/heres-wh…>> 1 week ago
- "Can anything be gained philosophically by examining literature?" - Philosophy and Literature, Podcast - philosophynow.org/podcasts/Philo…>> 1 week ago
- Spies and secret agents have always liked meeting in public places, such as these: londonist.com/london/secret/…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com