“Reading aloud is one of the most important — and enjoyable — parenting and grandparenting activities we can share with our children. Science tells us it’s the first building block for literacy. Babies love the soothing sounds of a familiar voice reading. Even when they prefer “eating” their books, they are beginning to make the mental connection we want. They’re associating reading with comfort, security and enjoyment. That link is a great foundation for raising readers. … it also creates emotional memories that last a lifetime.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- What is Life without Reading
- A sad and true wedding story: Honeymoon in Auschwitz
- Using Sex in Espionage
- To Write Something One Must be Something
- The function of a writer, literature
- Reading Books vs Watching TV
- Literature as a Weapon
- What do Pimps and Literary Agents have in common?
- No Society without Literature
- 5 scientifically proven ways to get creative skyword.com/contentstandar…>> 1 day ago
- Top 5: The Masters Of Argentine Literature - bubblear.com/writers-top-5-…>> 2 days ago
- More evidence that literary fiction boosts readers’ emotional skills digest.bps.org.uk/2016/08/22/mor…>> 4 days ago
- Animals in our dreams: What are they trying to tell us? pravdareport.com/society/anomal…>> 4 days ago
- The business of war — and espionage — is never gentlemanly - spectator.co.uk/2016/08/the-bu…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com