Albert “Camus, a philosopher, novelist and journalist, who won the 1957 Nobel Prize for Literature, died on January 4, 1960, during a road trip from Provence to Paris. Camus had initially planned to accompany his wife and children on a train ride to Paris, but changed his mind at the last minute, after his trusted friend and publisher, Michel Gallimard, offered him a ride in his car to the French capital. That evening, as Gallimard and Camus were driving through the small town of Villeblevin, Gallimard’s Facel Vega FV3B rammed into a tree at high speed. Camus was killed instantly, while Gallimard died in hospital several days later. But an article published last week in one of Italy’s oldest newspapers, Corriere della Sera, claims that the two men may have been killed after Soviet intelligence agents sabotaged Gallimard’s car.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Write to be Heard
- The function of a writer, literature
- A week of literary celebration: LitBash 6
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- No Society without Literature
- Where you live defines how you read
- Publishing is about much more than book sales
- Literature will set us free
- For the Love of Writing for Money
- A History of the Future: how writers envisioned tomorrow's world - newstatesman.com/culture/books/…>> 1 week ago
- How British Foreign Secret Service the MI6 "came about as a result of an elaborate campaign of misinformation" - latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/…>> 1 week ago
- How the dead danced with the living in medieval society - theconversation.com/how-the-dead-d…>> 3 weeks ago
- Candid shots of Berlin during the Cold War - cnn.com/travel/article…>> 3 weeks ago
- #Reading by the Numbers: When #BigData Meets #Literature - mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/art…>> 3 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com