Albert “Camus, a philosopher, novelist and journalist, who won the 1957 Nobel Prize for Literature, died on January 4, 1960, during a road trip from Provence to Paris. Camus had initially planned to accompany his wife and children on a train ride to Paris, but changed his mind at the last minute, after his trusted friend and publisher, Michel Gallimard, offered him a ride in his car to the French capital. That evening, as Gallimard and Camus were driving through the small town of Villeblevin, Gallimard’s Facel Vega FV3B rammed into a tree at high speed. Camus was killed instantly, while Gallimard died in hospital several days later. But an article published last week in one of Italy’s oldest newspapers, Corriere della Sera, claims that the two men may have been killed after Soviet intelligence agents sabotaged Gallimard’s car.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- The function of a writer, literature
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- The CIA, Ideology, and American Literature
- To Write Something One Must be Something
- What is Life without Reading
- Are you getting any of that which is "better than sex"?
- Literature helps you discover your identity
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- Research reveals the hidden history of sociable #reading in 18th century homes - phys.org/news/2017-09-r…>> 6 hours ago
- 'They Couldn't Even Predict the USSR's Collapse': CIA's Top 5 Cold War Failures - sputniknews.com/military/20170…>> 3 days ago
- Pigeon Cameras and Other CIA Cold War Spy Gear - history.com/news/pigeon-ca…>> 3 days ago
- Here's Where Cold War Radio Stations Broadcast Spies' Secret Codes wired.com/story/heres-wh…>> 1 week ago
- "Can anything be gained philosophically by examining literature?" - Philosophy and Literature, Podcast - philosophynow.org/podcasts/Philo…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com