“Intelligence documents recently unearthed in Prague reveal that in the 1980s Jiri Bartek, then a researcher at London’s Imperial Cancer Research Fund, worked for the StB, Czechoslovakia’s secret intelligence service.
Operating under the code name Raki, Bartek used his position at the clinic to purloin scientific material and equipment then unavailable in communist Czechoslovakia. Having stolen the items, he gave them to secret agents in London who smuggled them out of the UK.
Medical equipment was stashed in sports bags and living tissue packed into Thermos flasks filled with ice.
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- The function of a writer, literature
- The subtle difference between a "spy" and an "intelligence agent"
- The CIA, Ideology, and American Literature
- To Write Something One Must be Something
- What is Life without Reading
- Are you getting any of that which is "better than sex"?
- Literature helps you discover your identity
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- Research reveals the hidden history of sociable #reading in 18th century homes - phys.org/news/2017-09-r…>> 6 hours ago
- 'They Couldn't Even Predict the USSR's Collapse': CIA's Top 5 Cold War Failures - sputniknews.com/military/20170…>> 3 days ago
- Pigeon Cameras and Other CIA Cold War Spy Gear - history.com/news/pigeon-ca…>> 3 days ago
- Here's Where Cold War Radio Stations Broadcast Spies' Secret Codes wired.com/story/heres-wh…>> 1 week ago
- "Can anything be gained philosophically by examining literature?" - Philosophy and Literature, Podcast - philosophynow.org/podcasts/Philo…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com