“For to read on needlessly is to risk contamination by a bad purpose of the second kind. The literature forced on high school students (who have long known how to read) inundates them with vulgarity and vice against which their meager adolescent minds can hardly stand. When confronted with the evils so pervasive in fiction, their inevitable response is to accept these values as true and then imitate them. The exposition of these horrors on the psyches of our young people can have no other effect but that of a viral contraction. Has not literature, when injected into our classrooms, proved thus far endemic? The alarming rise of street-urchin pickpockets has been directly attributed to young readers of “Oliver Twist” (by Charles Dickens) at Parkview High. The recent development of teenagers disobeying their parents, engaging in illicit rendezvous with forbidden lovers, faking their deaths, engaging in underage drinking of poison from each other’s mouths, using “happy daggers” (and other illegal substances) and, in extreme cases, committing double suicide is certainly the outcome of entire freshman classes reading that burlesque propaganda of Shakespeare. English class, however, is not the only affront to decency in school today.” Bradley Fisher
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- The function of a writer, literature
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- The Monetization of Art and the Killing of Creativity
- Simplicity and Clarity vs Complexity in Writing
- The three Bs of summer | LitBash 32
- Literature Key to Successful Business
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- Write to be Heard
- What is Life without Reading
- The Radicalism of Reading - fee.org/articles/the-r…>> 2 days ago
- The Untouchables: Canadian spies - aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio…>> 4 days ago
- 10 Writing Rules You Can and Should Break - (in short: Ditch Clone Factories called creative writing classes) publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/in…>> 1 week ago
- How Technology Is Changing the Literary World - forbes.com/sites/quora/20…>> 1 week ago
- Ian Fleming vs John le Carré acast.com/intelligencesq…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com