“For to read on needlessly is to risk contamination by a bad purpose of the second kind. The literature forced on high school students (who have long known how to read) inundates them with vulgarity and vice against which their meager adolescent minds can hardly stand. When confronted with the evils so pervasive in fiction, their inevitable response is to accept these values as true and then imitate them. The exposition of these horrors on the psyches of our young people can have no other effect but that of a viral contraction. Has not literature, when injected into our classrooms, proved thus far endemic? The alarming rise of street-urchin pickpockets has been directly attributed to young readers of “Oliver Twist” (by Charles Dickens) at Parkview High. The recent development of teenagers disobeying their parents, engaging in illicit rendezvous with forbidden lovers, faking their deaths, engaging in underage drinking of poison from each other’s mouths, using “happy daggers” (and other illegal substances) and, in extreme cases, committing double suicide is certainly the outcome of entire freshman classes reading that burlesque propaganda of Shakespeare. English class, however, is not the only affront to decency in school today.” Bradley Fisher
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- What is Life without Reading
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Literature's Greatest Contribution to the World
- Write to be Heard
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- British Female Spies of WWII
- To Write Something One Must be Something
- How to make invisible ink
- The function of a writer, literature
- The Connection Between #Writing and #Sleep psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-wav…>> 1 week ago
- 6 facts on how reading makes you a better person and improves your life - indiatoday.in/education-toda…>> 1 week ago
- OSS weapons ingenuity: The secret gear of America's WWII spies - sofrep.com/97864/oss-weap…>> 1 week ago
- Do Shortwave 'Numbers Stations' Really Instruct Spies? - radioworld.com/news-and-busin…>> 1 week ago
- CIA Propaganda Art Offers A Glimpse Into The World Of Spies - npr.org/2018/01/13/577…>> 1 week ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com