“For more than 50 years, a vast treasure trove containing the bulk of the Czech author’s writing has been hidden away in 10 safety deposit boxes, tantalising Kafka enthusiasts around the world. Their hopes of unearthing a major literary find have come closer to fruition after Israel’s supreme court ended a two-year legal tussle over the ownership of Kafka’s estate by ordering that the boxes finally be opened. […]
The saga of publishing Kafka’s works is a long one, dating back to the author’s death from tuberculosis in 1924.
Shortly before he died, Kafka entrusted his portfolio to Max Brod, his biographer and mentor, asking him to destroy its contents.
Ignoring his friend’s wishes, Brod published some of the novels, such as The Trial and The Castle that were to propel Kafka into the pantheon of modern literary genius.
But he retained the bulk of the papers, taking them to Tel Aviv after fleeing the Nazi invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1938, and then leaving them to his secretary and, so rumour has it, lover, Ester Hoffe.”
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- What is Life without Reading
- Using Sex in Espionage
- For the Love of Writing for Money
- Literature as a Weapon
- Literary self-flagellation
- The function of a writer, literature
- Operation Susannah: False Flag Operation Gone Bad
- Operation Windsor
- Culture on the Battlefields of the Cold War
- French female spies who worked for the British secret service | dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5…>> 2 days ago
- The 14-eyed Monster theintercept.com/2018/03/01/nsa…>> 3 weeks ago
- Famous #Writers whose #writing did not pay - bigthink.com/scotty-hendric…>> 1 month ago
- Spy Agent Jack King vs The Fifth Column - dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2…>> 1 month ago
- Spain's Intelligence Agency Cracks 500-Year-Old Code - sputniknews.com/europe/2018020…>> 1 month ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com