“Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa said in an interview published over the weekend that he will not change his political convictions for the sake of winning literary prizes […]
Vargas Llosa spoke about literature and said that he tries “to be coherent with the things” he believes in and that “a writer’s profession doesn’t end with the purely literary.”
Vargas Llosa said that the kind of literature he creates stems from ideas he learned as a youth reading France’s Jean-Paul Sartre, an author who in his opinion “aged very quickly” due to his writing’s lack of spontaneity, but with whose concept of the “committed writer” he agrees totally.
Nonetheless, he admits that he sometimes errs, since the only way not to make mistakes is to say nothing, something that, in his opinion, doesn’t agree with the kind of person he is.” MORE
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- What is Life without Reading
- How to make invisible ink
- Just call me GOD
- A sad and true wedding story: Honeymoon in Auschwitz
- JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Cure for Cancer
- Readers vs Non-Readers
- Coco Chanel 'was a Nazi agent during Second World War'
- Noxious Vermin
- Literature Key to Successful Business
- A History of the Future: how writers envisioned tomorrow's world - newstatesman.com/culture/books/…>> 1 week ago
- How British Foreign Secret Service the MI6 "came about as a result of an elaborate campaign of misinformation" - latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/…>> 1 week ago
- How the dead danced with the living in medieval society - theconversation.com/how-the-dead-d…>> 2 weeks ago
- Candid shots of Berlin during the Cold War - cnn.com/travel/article…>> 2 weeks ago
- #Reading by the Numbers: When #BigData Meets #Literature - mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/art…>> 2 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com