“The intimate diary of Frida Kahlo is really no such thing – rather it is a literary self-portrait comparable in quality to the pictures the artist painted of herself, an Italian researcher told Efe.
The specialist in intimate literature Cristina Secci, a native of Cagliari, Italy, presented Saturday in Mexico City a study of the literary genre to which Kahlo’s diary belongs.
“An intimate diary is so personal that you hide it in the bottom drawer. But Frida didn’t. She read certain parts to her guests and friends, she allowed herself to be photographed with it and even gave away pages to her friends, so they say,” she said in an interview.
The diary was written during the last 10 years of Frida’s life, but even so contains few dates, an unusual trait in writings like this.
Secci said that when the reader opens any “intimate diary,” he or she expects to find such elements as love affairs, dreams, sufferings and betrayals.
Frida (1907-1954) included all that but also included her thoughts on politics, art, poetry and other subjects.” MORE
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to promoting reading, writing, and some espionage. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from around the world (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy).
All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Please contact me if you are a copyright holder and object to a snippet of your material being posted here, and I'll remove it. I sincerely hope, however, that you will reconsider.
I do not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Write to be Heard
- Using Sex in Espionage
- Literacy rates by country
- Anatomy of CIA recruitment techniques
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- The function of a writer, literature
- Books can transform lives
- Literature's Greatest Contribution to the World
- Gone as Autumn Leaves - Eraseable Ink - the-japan-news.com/news/article/0…>> 6 days ago
- Write to be Heard | Reading. Writing. Spying. - spywriter.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/wri…>> 2 weeks ago
- How Many Spies Are Currently Living in the U.S.? - popularmechanics.com/technology/sec…>> 2 weeks ago
- People who read books vs those who watch TV: dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ar…>> 3 weeks ago
- Michael Collins’s women: spies, couriers and mothers - irishtimes.com/culture/herita…>> 3 weeks ago
"A New King of Thrillers on the Horizon" ~ Sisters in Crime Author of Thrillers: Agents of Change, WikiJustice, The Black Vault, The Fifth Internationale... www.SPYWRITER.com