“Reading aloud is one of the most important — and enjoyable — parenting and grandparenting activities we can share with our children. Science tells us it’s the first building block for literacy. Babies love the soothing sounds of a familiar voice reading. Even when they prefer “eating” their books, they are beginning to make the mental connection we want. They’re associating reading with comfort, security and enjoyment. That link is a great foundation for raising readers. … it also creates emotional memories that last a lifetime.”
I WRITE THRILLERS:
Jack SpyWriter King
- Kim Philby and the woman who made him happy
- The Cloak and Dagger Group of Snoopers
- Pentagon in your home and everyday life
- Why Reading Novels is Important
- Why read classic literature?
- Iza Garztecka - Agencja Literacka Helfa - to złodziej i oszustka.
- Psychological effects of reading fiction
- Are writers loners?
- Judging Literature
- What is Life without Reading
- "Any major change in society will change the frequency of words,” bit.ly/1vwqisT>> 9 hours ago
- Typewriter art business2community.com/social-buzz/ar…>> 2 days ago
- Sayin' it like it is... spywriter.com/wikijustice/ http://t.co/SRP3wS71A7>> 4 days ago
- Banning or burning books is not the stuff of tyrranical distant regimes only. Writers in a Surveillance State: bit.ly/1fCy7Vx>> 1 week ago
- A foundation is looking to support artists who are actively driving meaningful social change bit.ly/1mI8Ukr>> 1 week ago
Fine PrintBlog dedicated to reading and writing and their effects. Includes original content by SpyWriter Jack King, as well as interesting and related snippets from other sources (used in accordance with the Fair Use Policy). All copyrighted material remains the property of copyright holders. Let me know if you find offending content, and I shall consider removing it. The Author of this blog does not endorse ANY ads that may be displayed on these pages.
Author, novelist, writing tales of conspiracy, intrigue and espionage